Thursday, September 02, 2004

Group Therapy II

"So....."

"Go ahead Kirk, let it out."

"So I lost again."

"Go on."

"Gave up 2 Earned runs in 5 innings. Then another Earned run in 1/3 of an inning."

"Ah."

"WHY DO THEY KEEP BRINGING ME OUT FOR THE 6TH???"

"Now, now Kirk. Let's be honest. You gave up 2 runs in the 5th. Nothing stellar about that."

"Don't change the subject on me! I can't pitch the 6th! I can't! God help me, I can't!"

"Kirk, I'm feeling hostility. Not everybody can pitch the 6th inning, you know. It's OK."

"Doc, let's face it. I'm a freak of nature. Coming into the season with one of the best records for a left-hander currently pitching. I've never been a good pitcher but I've always won! Now I'm not winning! What's wrong with me?"

"Well, you said it yourself. You're not a good pitcher. Let's work with that."

"Screw it. I don't care anymore. I'm making a ton of money. I'm just going to go out there and let the losses pile up. What are they gonna do? Put me in the bullpen?"

"Interesting idea..."

No comments: